Powerful habits for great speaking, with Lisa Elia — MSM #033
Being natural and conversational is important in a media interview – but what if being natural for you involves some bad habits that get in the way of your message?
On this episode, we hear from Lisa Elia as we explore a range of powerful methods and daily habits to help you improve how you come across – in interviews and any situation where you’re speaking or interacting with people. After more than 20 years as a media trainer, publicist and strategist at her company Lisa Elia Public Relations, Lisa launched Expert Media Training, shifting her focus solely to media training, presentation training and pitch coaching.
The discussion with Lisa will touch on:
- Eliminating negative or diminishing self-talk
- Cutting fillers such as “um,” “like” and “you know” from all conversations
- Up-speak, and what it says about us
- How to use power poses to your advantage
- Why talking from your diaphragm is important
- How to overcome a thick accent
Click the ‘Play’ button below to hear more in this episode of MediaSmart!